5 Fitness Influencers You Should Follow on Instagram and YouTube
This entry was posted on July 21, 2020.
Fitness influencers are all the rage these days.
They are sprouting like mushrooms in every social media platform available, particularly Instagram and YouTube.
Like how beauty gurus in the beauty industry have amassed millions of followers and subscribers over the years, fitness influencers have reached almost the same height of popularity and support from diversified markets and audiences.
The rise of these influencers is a testament to how massive the fitness industry is. In 2019, the industry valued at nearly $100 billion in 2019.
What is surprising is how this segment of marketing has become so established that brands, both big and small, have relied on them so heavily to promote their services and products.
But what and who are these influencers, and how exactly is this concept working?
Defining and Identifying an Influencer
In its purest form, the Oxford Dictionary defines an influencer as “a person or a thing that influences another.”
It somehow espouses that anyone could be an influencer as long as you or indirect influence over someone.
Is this the case? Maybe so, but not entirely, especially when discussing the context of influencer nowadays.
Nearly 4 billion people from across the globe use social media.
It is expected to even increase in the future as more communities get internet access. With this massive pool of markets that can be quickly tape, brands and advertisers have seen a great opportunity to strengthen their, and the birth of influencers.
Think of them as your brand ambassadors.
Before having social media marketing, brands have relied on the star power of celebrities and Hollywood actors to advertise their products, usually through television commercials.
But nowadays, social media influencers have dominated the landscape in every known industry, especially in beauty and fitness.
Who are these influencers? You could say that they are sort of experts or opinion leaders in their respective fields.
These are people who monetized their online following base by endorsing products or services that can be associated with their expertise.
Social media users can rely on these influencers to see the latest trends on basically anything, from makeup products to fitness routines.
The fitness industry is, by far, one of the most recognizable sectors to see how powerful influencers are.
Fitness influencers often dominate lists of the most followed influencers online.
Their daily contents vary from photos to videos that are mostly sponsored by their partner brands.
Why Follow a Fitness Influencer?
Since these influencers experts in fitness, you should consider following and subscribing to their accounts and channels.
Who knows, their opinions are the ones you are badly looking for!
- Expertise and credibility. Reputable brands would not get them if they weren’t trusted. Most of them built their identities from the ground up, with all hard work, patience, and passion. Most importantly, they know what they were talking about.
- Workout routine. Your workout routine seems to be not working, and you thought of changing it. The best thing you can do is subscribe to a fitness channel that will guide you to a better workout routine with all the tips you need. It’s a bonus that you will learn a thing or two from daily updates once you hit that follow and subscribe button.
- Diet recommendations. What is fitness without a proper diet? Most fitness influencers recommend food and recipe through their contents that would best compliment your workout routine. These recommendations are sometimes sponsored by brands or partner businesses.
- Fitness equipment recommendations. If you are looking for the right fitness equipment to buy, you may consider a fitness influencer’s recommended fitness shop or brand.
- It’s good to have an idol. Subscribing and following a fitness influencer is like having a motivator and guide molded into one.
- Knowing how a fitness expert started from the bottom can help give you that extra boost to stay on track towards your fitness goals.
Top Fitness Influencers You Should Follow
Here’s a diverse list of fitness experts you should follow and subscribe to!
- Michelle Lewin
- Simeon Panda
- Joe Wicks
- Sia Cooper
- Kenta Seki
Here are more fitness influencers to follow.
Keep in mind that it takes more than influencers to motivate you
It’s still up to you to push yourself to be consistent with your workouts. You might use the current pandemic as an excuse not to work out, but there are virtual workouts that you take advantage of.
So get up from your couch and start moving. Dust off your exercise equipment and be your best self!