Advantages and Disadvantages of a Treadmill
This entry was posted on January 16, 2015.
It has always been said that walking is the best exercise. So the treadmill seems the best machine for maintaining a healthy body. However, before you decide to purchase a treadmill, you need to learn the pros and cons of the machine in question.
Fitness Expo stores, which are located in Metairie, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Mandeville, and Kenner in Louisiana and Jackson, Mississippi, are a good place to go for this as their dedicated, specially trained staff can help you decide on what’s best for you.
Let us look at the advantages of a treadmill:
1. The treadmill is an excellent cardiovascular exercise machine.
2. The treadmill is a relatively easy machine to use, as what you are doing is walking or running.
3. You can customize your exercise program to suit the time you want to devote to exercising. You can choose the speed, incline, and other variables.
4. Some of the machines have a heart rate monitor and pedometer so you can check your progress.
5. You can watch television or read while working on the treadmill.
6. The surface of the treadmill is smooth and predictable, unlike a park where the path may be uneven causing you to trip.
7. With a treadmill at home, you can exercise anytime and in any weather.
Disadvantages of a treadmill
1. The treadmill can be a costly machine, so you need to be sure that you will use it.
2. The surface of the treadmill leads to high-impact exercising. As a result, you may end up with problems of the back, knee, and hips.
3. Treadmills are quite cumbersome and occupy a lot of space. Be sure to check the dimensions before you order it.
4. The treadmill can get boring after a while as there is no one to talk to or work out with.
5. Since the treadmill is motorized, it can create quite a loud noise which may interfere with other sounds around.
6. The maintenance of a treadmill should be done by professionals and if there is a problem it may cause an accident.
Before you purchase the treadmill, be sure that you have been shown how it works and how you need to use it. So you won’t be surprised whether the advantages and disadvantages are true or not. For more information call or contact us now!