Will a Foot Peddler Help You Lose Weight?
This entry was posted on October 22, 2016.
A foot peddler is designed for rehabilitation and to provide controlled movements of the lower limbs through rational movement.
It can also be an effective way to workout or rehab your arms and legs without needing to spend a lot on bulky workout equipment or machines.
There are different options available for foot peddlers for weight loss that can be tailored to your needs whether you are a newbie or a health buff planning your workout routine.
Read more here at Fitness Expo about its benefits and how it can help you make a better-informed decision if it’s right for your weight-loss goals.
What is a Foot Peddler or an Exercise Peddler?
An exercise peddler is a small, low-impact, and convenient exerciser that can be used under a work desk or positioned in front of a chair.
You get the benefit of doing exercise, work, watching television, reading a book, and exercising simultaneously.
The design of all pedal exercisers is relatively the same. They are made of powder-coated steel, resistance rotation mechanism, and a stand-alone construction with these features:
- A balanced frame that sits squarely on the floor
- Two stirrups (pedals or sandals) for you to put your feet in
- Straps to hold your shoes securely in place
- A tiny screen where you can monitor your RPMs (Revolutions Per Minute), time, speed, distance, and even the calories burned
An exercise peddler is used to treat neurological, rheumatological, and orthopedic disorders for many patients.
It’s also a low-effort way of getting beneficial exercise that burns calories while you are sitting at your desk.
Check out these peddlers from Fitness Expo:
- Matrix R30 Recumbent Bike
- Hoist Lemond Series RT Recumbent Bike
- Life Fitness Club Series Recumbent Lifecycle Bike
Pedal Exerciser Benefits
Foot peddlers for weight loss are excellent fitness pieces of equipment that will help you stay fit with regular moderate exercise.
Check out this round-up of benefits that you will enjoy with this fitness equipment:
- Allows you to multitask
- Includes variable resistance settings
- Easy to use
- Makes you work out various muscle groups
- Effective for cardiovascular exercise
- Help you achieve weight-loss
- Boosts your mood, energy, and productivity
- Will not cost you as much compared to other fitness machines
- Improves circulation
- Helps maintain healthy joints
Foot Peddler For Weight Loss Proof
A study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine noted significant improvements amongst office workers who were provided with under-desk pedal exercises.
The improvements noted after a period of 16 weeks with an average 50-minute daily peddling were:
- Beneficial changes in weight, total fat mass, body fat percentage, and resting heart rate, increasing with the average minutes pedaled each day.
- The significant connection between average pedaling speed and decrease in waist circumference.
- Improvements in work performance outcomes including self-reported improved concentration at work and fewer days off because of physical or mental health problems over the past four weeks
The best outcome for every participant wanting to lose weight was having extra 107 calories burned each day, adding up to more than 500 calories a week. That’s an extra pound lost in 7 weeks!
It may not sound like much but considering they didn’t have to give up anything from their usual diet. Hence, it is a proven fact that foot peddlers for weight loss are possible!
Making the Mini Cycle Pedal Exerciser Work For You
For the overall benefit of weight loss, fat loss, increased calorie burn, decreased body fat, and decreased waist circumference using a mini cycle pedal exerciser in your pedal exerciser routine, consider the following:
- Get the right equipment. Minibikes can be too high and too noisy. Get a pedal exerciser that is low enough to allow comfortable peddling so that you can adhere to using it to break up the deskbound day and achieve your peddling goals.
- Calories that you have to burn. Calorie-burn will depend on your age, weight, fitness level, and the intensity of your pedal. For example, a 160-pound person can burn roughly about 290 calories at a slow-cycling rate of 5.5 mph for one hour.
- Increase in intensity and tension. Speed and difficulty are of the essence if you want to lose weight and reduce your waist size. Use high-intensity interval training which can help you get more physically fit and boost your metabolism.
However, if this is not applicable having your mini cycle pedal exercise under your desk at work, you can still burn a lot of calories by pedaling at a slow pace over the course of several hours.
Foot Peddler For Weight Loss While Sitting at Your Desk
If you are time-starved and deskbound, get a foot peddler for your weight loss fitness goals.
It’s a worthwhile investment and a cost-effective alternative to standard gym machines with many possibilities to help you burn calories and slim down!
Contact us now to get a Foot Peddler!
More from Fitness Expo
10 Easy Night Time Weight Loss Hacks You Can Try
How To Lose Weight While Sitting At The Office