A Simple Guide to Strength Training – How to Get Gains Easily
This entry was posted on June 5, 2020.
All you need is a small space and home gym exercise equipment. For what? Strength training in the very comforts of your home with your favorite song playing in the background, if you please.
You don’t have to worry about how to get to the gym on time, or if the gym equipment you want to use is taken because someone got there ahead of you.
No-fuss because your home can be your gym.
With the suitable home gym exercise equipment in your hands, you can take advantage of the benefits of strength training right at your place.
Great Gains from Strength Training
You’ve probably heard of weight training and resistance training. These are comparable terms to strength training, which is an essential part of any fitness routine.
By the word itself, this kind of training builds muscle and bone density and muscle endurance.
The Mayo clinic listed clear-cut benefits of strength training:
- Build lean muscle mass
- Reduce body fat
- Burn calories more efficiently, even after you’ve exercised
- Boost metabolism and make weight loss easier
- Increase bone density and improve bone health
- Boost flexibility and improve range of motion
- Improve brain health and cognitive functions
- Reduce the symptoms of many chronic conditions, including back pain, diabetes, arthritis, and heart disease
- Improve posture, balance, and stability
- Raise energy levels
- Improve mood and overall sense of well-being
Benefits of Strength Training at Home
Being in your comfortable home while doing strength training eliminates the hustle and bustle that comes with having to hit the gym.
Healthline puts it this way:
- It saves time. No need for travel and waiting for machines or equipment.
- It’s a low cost. No gym fees or expensive equipment needed.
- Workout anytime. You can exercise on your own schedule, no matter the time of day or night.
- Privacy. You can work out without feeling self-conscious.
- Go at your own pace. No pressure to keep up with those around you or to push yourself beyond what’s comfortable.
Choice Home Gym Exercise Equipment for Strength Training
There is a wide array of options for exercise equipment you can use. You don’t have to invest in a lot of equipment.
Determine which ones fit your strength training program or routine. Take a look at this list of the best equipment for strength training at home:
- Thick Yoga Mat
Your yoga mat will provide extra support for your knees, elbows, and other sensitive joints when you are doing strength exercises or workouts.
You can use this with your strength training exercises like rows, bicep curls, squats, deadlifts, and snatches. This set can help you gauge your progress as you get stronger and use heavier weights.
Strength exercises you can do with this include lunges, tricep kickbacks, shoulder presses to challenge your ranges of motion. Some dumbbells are adjustable to weight increments.
- Resistance Bands (also known as resistance tubing or workout bands)
Resistance bands come in a variety of colors, lengths, width, and levels of resistance to match your taste and exercise needs. Because they can be folded and are very much lightweight, you can bring them with you wherever. Use them for your glute bridges, lateral leg raises, squats, tricep presses, and much more.
- Stability Ball
You can strengthen your glutes, quads, core, and arms with stability ball exercises. With a stability ball, you challenge your balance in effect boosting your calorie burn.
Use It or Lose It!
What diminishes with age? Your lean muscle mass. You should do something to replace it otherwise the percentage of fat in your body will increase.
So use those muscles through strength exercise to preserve and enhance your muscles. Consider doing these strength exercises at home:
- Squat to overhead raise with weights
- Dumbbell shoulder press
- Dumbbell triceps kickback
- Resistance band pull apart
- Hip extensions
- Resistance band leg press
Get More From Your Strength Training at Home
You can make the most of your strength training at home.
By developing a strength training program at home that allows you to do strength exercises, you will enjoy immediate gains.
Do not neglect consistency. Doing 30 to 45 minutes of strength exercises two to three times a week is ideal.
You will notice an improvement in your strength and muscle mass over time.
With the appropriate home gym exercise equipment and your commitment to work out, you are on your way to living a longer, healthier, and happier life.
For optimal results, buy a couple of weight lifting machines from Fitness Expo. Call us today at 225-686-5620!