Health Benefits Of Using An Elliptical Trainer
This entry was posted on April 26, 2016.
An elliptical trainer refers to a popular exercise-machine that helps simulate the motion of walking or running. Elliptical machines are somewhat different than other gym machines, for instance stepping or treadmill machines, due to their total body exercise and the low body motions they provide.
Let’s look at the benefits you can derive while exercising regularly on the elliptical trainer machine:
- Low impact- one of the benefits from using an elliptical machine trainer, is the absence of any impact on your body-joints. Because your feet remain on the elliptical-pedals in lieu of throbbing on a very hard surface while running, susceptible joints, for instance hips, knees and ankles get little bump. This makes the elliptical-trainer perfect for older and beginning exerciser who happens to be more concerned with their joints.
- Cardiovascular-Elliptical exercises are cardiovascular in nature, meaning that your pulse rate will be sustained and raised for a certain durationof time, good cardio exercise on the elliptical simply means your lungs and heart will be strengthened, hence raising your metabolism and you will burn more calories.
- Safe usage-Whenever you stop, the elliptical machine stops.
- If you’re losing weight, the machine burns extra calories than the exercise bike or the treadmill.
- Upper body exercise-Some trainers have moving handles. Pushing these moving handles back and forward help give your arm an exercise.
- Lower body muscle-The faux moving motion or movement of the trainer exercises all your body muscles in an easy, smooth motion or movement. Moving your legs -forward is good for your bottom and hamstrings, whilst pumping backward stresses your quads and calves, despite the fact that going backward burns less-calories.
- Variety-The levels and settings on the elliptical trainer mean that you have got endless means to switch-up your exercise. You can still increase the machine incline thus making it feel like you are running up or climbing a mountain.The elliptical trainer or user can as well raise the strength or even exercise in intervals. Varying the intensity and style of your exercise will help keep you from being bored, and would not have an option to fall-back into its familiar, old routines.
- Core-If you allow the balance and handles on the foot-pedals to go, you will get a core exercise. Exercising out without your hands forces your core-muscles……abs, mid to stabilize you, hence strengthening the power in the entire process.Last but not least there are different settings on an elliptical-machine trainer: speed, ramp and resistance. You can program one of the settings at a time or combine all the three.