Home Fitness Equipment and Accessories: Popular Picks
This entry was posted on March 21, 2015.
Because most Americans spend majority of their time working and attending to errands, they usually prefer to buy home fitness equipment instead of joining a gym.
Exercise implements may range from small accessories such as power grips and weight belts, to huge machines like treadmills and elliptical machines. Here are some exercise apparatuses most commonly used at home:
- Treadmills People who want to lose weight without having to enroll in a fitness program often prefer to start with a treadmill. Manual treadmills are lighter and less expensive, while different types of electronic treadmills provide various functions, including controlling speed, incline, and resistance and estimating heart rate. Since earlier designs of treadmills were found to take up a lot of space in the home, manufacturers have developed new versions that can be folded or kept in closets when not in use.
- Stationary Bicycle For those who find a treadmill to monotonous or restrictive, the stationary bicycle might be more challenging to take on. The latest models of exercise bikes can be adjusted to different levels of resistance to boost the intensity of the exercise routine, putting tension on the muscles in the thighs and lower legs. People who prefer home fitness equipment resembling road bikes can opt for standard upright bikes, while those looking for a more comfortable exercise machine can go with recumbent bikes, whose pedals are positioned in front and has a back rest on the seat.Elliptical Trainer.
- Another effective tool for cardiovascular workout is the elliptical trainer, which can be used for physical activity similar to walking, running or stair climbing. This home fitness equipment targets the upper and lower body, depending on the motor location. Most elliptical trainers’ handle-levers are attached to the pedals to encourage additional exertion of force on the arms and legs simultaneously. Studies have shown that longer strides on this apparatus amount to higher calories burned.
- Stair Climber Exercisers who want to strengthen or lose excess weight in their thighs, legs and buttocks are recommended to buy stair climbing machines. They can test endurance without leaving home and are proven to improve metabolism. Cylinder-driven climbers, the most affordable type, employ hydraulics and are adjusted for resistance by simply turning a knob. More sophisticated versions are wind-driven and computer-controlled, which include functions that display heart rate, the number of stairs climbed, and workout preferences such as daily stair climbing, hill climbing or mountain climbing.
- Weight-Lifting Equipment Dumbbells can be light and portable and they can also be a huge machine combining different types of weight. Adjustable dumbbells can be used with multiple weight disks, whereas fixed-weight home fitness equipment have different sizes and weights that are used separately. Newer designs, called selectorized dumbbells, are adjusted for weight mechanically instead of manually.Numerous sporting goods stores offer home fitness equipment that are affordable and easy to operate. With these machines, customers do not have to leave the comfort of their home to work out and burn calories. These machines have also been proven to improve cardiovascular health and build muscle mass, when used to perform the right routines.
Fitness Expo offers quality home fitness equipment in its locations in Louisiana:
Metairie – (504) 887-0880
Baton Rouge – (225) 928-5751
Kenner – (504) 466-3966
Shreveport – (318) 861-1107
Mandeville – (985) 624-9990
Jackson, MS – (601) 956-5681
Call toll free: 1-800-323-1831