How to Build Muscle with no Workout Equipment
This entry was posted on February 12, 2019.
Skipping a workout because you’re short on time, lacking adequate space, or missing your regular sports fitness equipment shouldn’t derail you from maintaining your daily fitness routine.
So many of us put off our workouts because we are lacking one thing or another, worried that without the right sports fitness equipment or workout equipment at home that we won’t be able to achieve our fitness goals.
But the truth is, even if we don’t have everything we need at the moment, we can still get a satisfying sweaty workout in by doing bodyweight exercises without any workout equipment for home. In fact, some of the best instructors for these types of exercises can be found right here in Metairie, Louisiana.
Here are five of the most effective bodyweight exercises many trainers swear by that don’t require sports fitness equipment or any other home workout equipment for that matter.
Workout Equipment for Home? – who needs that!
The Best Exercises Requiring no equipment
Push-ups are considered by trainers to be one of the most effective bodyweight exercises out there today. These tried and true controlled movements are great for working the chest, anterior deltoid muscles, triceps, and core.
• Begin by taking a high plank stance with hands flat on the floor and shoulder-width apart, stacking the wrists under the shoulders.
• Inhale while you bend your arms and lower your chest to the floor, keeping your body in a long line and engaging your core. A modified push-up position is also acceptable if you are unable to • keep your back flat or fully bend your arms to make your chest reach the floor.
• Exhale while pushing back up to the starting position.
• Repeat for 3 to 5 sets with a 1-minute rest in between.
Single-Leg Triceps Dip
This simple exercise will work your legs and arms without the use of any stair stepper exercise equipment or any other sports fitness equipment. The benefit is found in the simple muscle isolation of this exercise because it builds upper body strength. Anyone can do this exercise anywhere because it doesn’t require a lot of space.
• Position your body on the ground, knees bent, feet flat on the floor hip-distance apart. Hands should be placed behind your head with the fingers facing toward the body.
• Lift hips while you raise your bottom off the ground. Shift weight back into your hands and lift the right leg up towards the sky.
• Now, bend your arms so that your bottom hovers over the floor while keeping your elbows tight towards the center of your body as you slowly lower down.
• Next, straighten your arms to return to your original starting position.
• Do 20 repetitions on one side, then do another 20 repetitions on the other side.
This exercise is excellent for toning the backside of your body. After all, a toned backside improves posture, which prevents back pain and increases strength. With an exercise like this, who needs workout equipment for home?
• Extend your arms overhead near your ears as you lie on your stomach.
• Lifting your chest, legs, and arms off the floor, squeeze your butt.
• Keep your arms and legs off the floor while you flutter them up and down in a swimming motion.
• Repeat this motion as you inhale for four seconds then exhale for four seconds twice in a row for about 16 seconds.
• Repeat for 3 sets with about a minute of rest in between.
Again, this is yet another body weight-based exercise that does not require any sports fitness equipment or stair stepper exercise equipment. According to many experienced trainers, this is an excellent exercise to do if you want to tone and tighten your glutes or butt muscles. Since many of us spend most of our time sitting, it’s important to keep your derriere tight and toned in order to avoid walking around with a flabby butt.
• Lie on your back with your hands at your sides and your knees bent. Feet should be hip-width apart and flat on the floor.
• Squeeze your butt and abdominal muscles as you push through your heels to elevate your hips a few inches off of the floor. Your body will form a straight line from the shoulders to the knees.
• Pause for a few seconds as you squeeze your butt. Slowly lower your hips to the starting position.
• Do this for 30 repetitions.
• For an added challenge, try 15 repetitions with the left leg extended toward the ceiling, and then 15 repetitions with the right leg extended in the same direction.
Burpees with Push-Ups
The mere mention of the word Burpee strikes fear and loathing in the hearts of many avid exercisers. However, this full-body exercise is amazing for working the core, arms, quads, hamstrings, and glutes. Not to mention that you’ll also get in a little cardio workout because Burpees are great for increasing your heart rate.
• Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Arms by your side.
• Squat and reach forward as you place your hands on the floor shoulder-width apart.
• Kick your legs straight out and behind you into a high plank position. Keep your hands and wrists stacked under your shoulders.
• Bend elbows and lower chest to the ground, then straighten up to complete one push-up.
• Now, jump the feet towards the hands so that the lower body returns to a squatting position.
• Next, jump straight up into the air as you reach your arms up overhead.
• Repeat as many repetitions as you can for one minute. Rest for 20 seconds, then repeat.
Tired of working out without exercise equipment and looking to take things to the next level? Consider upgrading your gym with any of the following:
Stairmaster 8 Gauntlet – This stair stepper exercise equipment, with touchscreen display and loads of built-in workout programs, this machine will help you burn fat and tone muscle while giving you one heck of a cardio workout.
Life Fitness GSC Trainer – Ready for an immersive cardio workout that you’ll never get bored with? The Life Fitness GSC Trainer will have you gliding, stepping and climbing your way to the top of the fitness ladder.
Elliptigo Arc – tired of working out indoors? The Elliptigo Arc is light, packed with 8 gears and equipped with short stride lengths for low impact and high result. Hit the pavement in style.
Remember, some of the best and most effective exercises can be done without the use of sports fitness equipment. So, there’s no need to miss your regular workout just because you don’t have everything you think you need.
Feel like you need some extra help with finding the right sports fitness equipment or workout equipment for home? Stop by or give our the local Fitness Expo Stores team in Metairie, Louisiana a call today!