How To Lose Weight While Sitting At The Office
This entry was posted on November 5, 2020.
Isn’t it unfortunate that our eight to give job ties us down to our desks every day?. And it’s just sad that we can’t swing by the gym for a quick workout.
Well, what we can do is do some fat-burning exercises while sitting down in the office.
10 Sitting Exercises to Do at Your Office
You can use your coffee break to do some of these exercises that can help you lose those unwanted fats. Read this Fitness Expo Sitting Exercises for weight loss.
1. Leg Raise
This exercise targets your quads and glutes and will correlate over to your abs.
- While sitting down, keep your back flat on the chair.
- Bring your left leg up and keep it straight and parallel to the floor.
- Put your left leg down.
- Repeat the steps for your right leg.
- Do this 20-30 times.
2. Knee-to-Chest Lift
This exercise will strengthen your stomach muscles, improve digestion, and burn fat.
- While sitting down on a chair, keep your back straight. Try not to touch the back of the chair.
- Keep your feet on the floor.
- Lift your right knee, and pull it close to your chest. Keep your back straight and do not bend when you pull your leg to your chest.
- Keep your stomach sucked in.
- Put your hands on your shin to allow your abdominal muscles to stretch better
- Put your right leg down.
- Repeat the steps for your left knee.
- Do this alternately 20-30 times.
What is the Best Way to Lose Weight at a Desk for 8 Hours?
Don’t let your office work prevent you from working out to lose weight.
Try these exercises you can do while working in the office or from home. Don’t do this when you’re in a meeting.
A good time will be when everyone in the office is on break, except you.
3. Desktop Six-Pack
If you are caught up with clearing your email folders, convert it to an easy-to-do fat-burning workout.
You can try these ab workouts at your desk.
- Position yourself sitting on the chair’s edge.
- Lean back and tense your abs.
- Raise your left feet and hold it for 10 seconds
- Repeat the steps for the right leg.
- Do this 20-30 times.
If you make this your routine two times every day for a week, you can expect the effects of a full abdominal workout session.
4. Stretch to Burn
This exercise will keep your muscles awake. It will fend off back pain and keep your metabolic rate high
- Sit down on your chair.
- Reach down to the outside of your right foot with your left hand and gently pull up.
- Put your right foot down.
- Repeat the steps for the left foot.
- Do this 20-30 times or until the break is over.
Can You Burn Calories While Sitting Down?
someone treating you with a Texas Roadhouse prime rib? Don’t turn down the offer. Burn the bursting calories quickly by doing these sitting exercises.
5. Body Lift Above Chair
This exercise will burn fat fast. It will also tone your shoulder muscles, back, and belly. Use chairs with arms for a more intensified workout. Don’t use chairs with rollers.
- While sitting, hold the chair’s arms tightly.
- Slowly lift your body above the chair to make your hips and legs hang in the air. Use your stomach muscles to lift your knees to your chest.
- Keep your hanging position for about 15-20 seconds.
- Go back to the original sitting position slowly.
- Rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the steps and do it 4 times.
6. Double Knee Lift
This exercise will burn calories around your belly.
- While sitting, keep your legs straight with your feet on the floor.
- Place your hands on the sides of the chair and hold it tightly.
- Keep your back straight and gently lift your knees, pulling them close to your chest. You can feel some tension in your stomach muscles.
- Put your feet down but avoid touching the floor.
- Repeat the steps and do this 10-20 times.
This exercise will help burn fat on the hips and sides of the belly.
- Sit on the chair.
- At shoulder level, keep your arms straight at shoulder level.
- Twist your upper body to the right, bending, and touching your left foot using your right hand.
- Go back to the original position.
- Repeat the steps for the right foot.
- Do this 20-30 times.
How Can I Tone My Stomach While Sitting?
You can have a good abdominal toning exercise if you do this on an exercise ball instead of an office chair.
You force your abs to hold yourself in position if you sit on the exercise ball, thus improving your balance.
In the office or at home, having an exercise ball will come in handy when you have some free time on your hands for a quick workout.
8. Office Chair Abdominals
- Sit on the ball to find your balance.
- Pull your navel in.
- Don’t slouch. Pull your shoulders back.
- Keep your feet on the floor hip-width apart.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can last, taking short breaks if needed.
9. Leaning Forward
This exercise works on abs in the same way as traditional twists.
- While sitting, put your hands at the back of your head.
- Intertwine your fingers and slowly lean forward.
- When you tilt, do not use your arms to help you go back up.
- Repeat the steps and do this 15 times.
10. Double Knee Lift with Side Bends
This exercise will shape your waist and burn fat from the sides of your belly.
- Sit on the chair’s edge. Keep your back straight.
- Bend over to your right side, sitting on one butt.
- Keep your legs together and lift both knees close to your chest
- Repeat the steps on the other side.
- Do this 10-20 times.
Being stuck behind your desk in the office all day should not stop you from finding ways you can do to compensate for the time you can’t do your fat-burning exercises at the gym.
All you need is a few minutes each day, your chair, and a little privacy.
More from Fitness Expo