The Best Elliptical Machines Under $300
This entry was posted on February 16, 2022.
Many who want to stay fit during the pandemic are looking for ways to do their workouts in the comforts of their home. There are still doubts as to whether returning to a crowded gym is safe.
Home gyms are becoming more popular as it is still the safest way to get fit amidst the pandemic. You can also exercise mask-free which is more comfortable.
The elliptical trainer is one of the best exercise machines that is being chosen for a home gym. They provide a low-impact exercise that works out both the lower and upper body parts.
Exercising on an elliptical target many muscles like the glutes, hamstrings, quads, back, triceps, biceps, and core muscles. It is one of the most-loved cardio machines and a top choice for home exercise equipment.
Doing a cardio workout with an elliptical doesn’t have to be expensive as well. We will introduce you to the best elliptical machines that are less than $300. You can work out with different resistance levels at this price.
Contact us at Fitness expo for more information about our gym types of equipment!
Ellipticals for The Budget-Conscious
If you want a change in your sedentary lifestyle and an affordable option of an exercise machine where you can do both upper body workout and lower body workout, get an elliptical.
You can burn more calories on an elliptical than you would on a recumbent bike. There is a wide range of elliptical models you can choose from. You can get a desk elliptical that is easy to use. Check these recommended ellipticals that won’t break your bank:
1. EFITMENT Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer E006: An affordable elliptical with amazing features:
8 levels of magnetic resistance
digital display monitor
pulse rate monitor
footpads that are nonslip
2. Stamina InMotion E1000 Compact Strider: a desk elliptical with the following features:
adjustable tension controls
ability to peddle in the reverse
3. JFit Under Desk and Stand Up Mini Elliptical: Another compact desk elliptical with a carrying handle that is very convenient to use under a desk. It has adjustable incline and foot pedals that can be tilted backward.
4. GoPlus 2 in 1 Elliptical Fan Bike Dual Cross-Trainer: A versatile exercise bike that saves a lot of space. It has an LCD display for monitoring your workout. It works as both an elliptical and a stationary bike to exercise those leg muscles.
5. Therapeutic GOLD Elliptical and Exercise Bike Dual Trainer: The ideal fitness machine is also an elliptical and a bike. It comes with an LCD display and a level of resistance that can help you maintain an ideal body weight through cardio exercise.
If you are looking for cardio equipment that can fit in the small space under your desk or in a reasonable space in your home, the elliptical machine can be your best choice.
It allows you to have flexible training time while targeting body muscles on both your upper and lower body.
You can also check out some space-saving fitness accessories to add to your workout arsenal.
Are Cheap Ellipticals Worth It?
The main purpose for ellipticals is to get a comprehensive full-body workout with minimum risk of injury.
When you are able to achieve this purpose, no matter how much you pay for your elliptical machine, it is still worth it. There are cheap ellipticals below $300 that can help you burn those extra calories and achieve your fitness goals.
Learn how to choose the best elliptical under $300 so you can get the best deal. It is still a worthwhile investment as you get your needed cardiovascular exercise on an affordable exercise bike.
What Do You Need to Know Before Buying an Elliptical?
There are always factors to consider whenever you buy any piece of exercise equipment with a compact design.
For a well-informed decision when purchasing an elliptical, you should have a solid knowledge of these items:
1. Budget: The price range for decent ellipticals is between $200 and $5000. The price will always depend on durability, quality, features, attachments, and others. Are you willing to pay the additional costs for features that you need for your workout to be efficient?
2. Size: Consider where you will place your elliptical in your home. It is best to reserve an area of 4.7 feet with 20 inches of space vacant on both sides of the machine. Also, make sure that you don’t bump your head on the ceiling when you are on it.
3. Drive type: There are designs that you should be aware of: front-drive design, center-drive design, and rear-driven design. Which do you prefer and which will work best for your purpose?
4. Stride length: Adjustable strides are favorable features of ellipticals, especially if there are multiple users. Look for an elliptical equipped with different stride lengths to match yours.
5. Resistance: Choose an elliptical with adjustable resistance or levels of resistance, especially if there are beginners who will be using it. When resistance can be adjusted, you can also see how you improve with higher magnitudes of intensity. Smooth resistance will also provide you comfort during exercise. Some ellipticals carry a magnetic resistance feature.
6. Motion: Get an elliptical that gives you a comfortable ride and smooth pedaling so that your emotions are unimpeded. Comfortable handgrip movement should also give you upper-body comfort in your training program.
7. Noise levels: The fan wheel and the belt drive should not have an elliptical motion that is noisy. Bad noise during exercise can be distracting. A good elliptical should have a tolerable noise level.
8. Safety: There are features of ellipticals that you can buy at an affordable price to provide safety for you and every member of the family, even children, who use the elliptical. Check for locks that seal pedals when not in use, non-slip pedals, anti-slip handlebars, adjustable handlebars, durable frame or durable steel frame, and other adjustable features.
9. Warranty: What does the manufacturer guarantee with your purchase? An impressive warranty means that you can rely on the elliptical with less maintenance cost as long as you follow the requirements for maintaining the machine.
10. Extended features: Try checking out extra features of the elliptical such as magnetic resistance, adjustable tension, transport wheels, electronic display, textured pedals, LCD Monitor displays time, water bottle holder, tablet holder, preset workout program, LCD display, and others. All these can provide extra convenience and comfort.
11. Have a trial: It is still the best idea to go for a trial on the elliptical before buying it. This will give you a real feel of the machine. You will know if it is perfect for your size and if you are comfortable exercising on the machine.
Will an elliptical burn belly fat?
An elliptical workout can help burn calories and reduce belly fat. But you would also need to adhere to a strict diet plan and commit yourself to an exercise regimen. Consider undistracted exercise, dual workout, impact workout, and carefully monitoring your calorie burn, calorie count, and skill levels.
How much is a decent elliptical?
To start with, you should know that there are three different types of ellipticals. The price you pay will greatly depend on the purpose of using the machine.
For light, sporadic use, and rehabilitation purposes, you can get ellipticals worth $150 to $500.
Ellipticals with more advanced features will cost $700 to $1,900. The high-end ellipticals that are commercial-quality used in health clubs can cost $2000-$5000.
How to choose the best elliptical
To get the best deal out of an elliptical, consider these criteria in selection:
- Do you have enough space in your home for an elliptical machine? Your convenience in doing your workouts is important to consider. Know the size and height of the handles of the elliptical and the width of the pedals. This will give you an idea of how much space will be needed to home an elliptical machine.
- Does the elliptical have a weight capacity? Is there a maximum weight capacity and are you in the range? For best comfort during exercise, choose an elliptical that has a maximum possible weight of at least 10 -15% greater than yours. This will ensure that it is stable enough to carry your weight.
- Is the elliptical smooth-running and not very noisy? It is useless to exercise when you are not comfortable because the compact design does not provide smoothness when you run or if the machine is annoyingly noisy. A smooth-running machine with a quiet operation will allow you to do your exercises at different times without disturbing others.
- What can be seen on the display? You will be more efficient in training when the elliptical has a heart rate monitor connected to heart rate sensors and pulse sensors to measure the pulse rate seen on the display. Does it have an LCD monitor or a digital monitor where you can see the results of your workout so you know if you are achieving your goals?
- Does the elliptical have pre-installed or preset programs that will guide you through your workouts? Exercise equipment nowadays has extra features like this to help beginners get results faster. These programs work elliptical with adjustable resistance levels to help the person exercising improve.