Top 5 Features to Look for When Buying a Commercial Treadmill
This entry was posted on June 1, 2013.
Commercial treadmills are basic fitness equipment you can find in a fitness gym. With a treadmill, you can do endurance training, cardio training, or do a cool down exercise. This aerobic fitness equipment can be used in any number of ways. You can increase the speed and sprint or lay on all fours and crawl to practice a rock climbing motion. This is also the perfect gym equipment for you to share with an exercise buddy. If you want to have your own treadmill in your home gym, here are the top things you should consider when buying a treadmill.
- The exercise equipment’s console is the first thing consumers should look into when shopping around for a treadmill. This treadmill should be able to have quick access buttons for you to easily control its speed or incline. Aside from this, if you want to use more advanced treadmill, choose a treadmill that offers a preset amount of training programs for you to use. You can later on program your own training to suit your needs. There are also downloadable content that some commercial treadmills offer. Other programs can also be integrated with Google Maps for a more interesting workout that replicates your selected roadside. This is also where one would find additional features like a book rest or a drink coaster. The other consoles have speaker and features a synchronization function for your IPod so you can play your own music.
- Keeping in mind that even with all the flair a treadmill needs a strong motor. You normally wouldn’t want something as powerful as a jet engine pushing your legs to the limit. You would likely want is roughly at 5 horsepower. Treadmills also overheat so there has to be an efficient cooling system in place to lessen any worry of any equipment breakdown. Because no matter how long you can last, you commercial treadmill has to keep up with you.
- Commercial Treadmills obviously has a platform you can walk or run on. Treadmills vary in size for a single person or a wider deck to accommodate two, so choose whatever that suits you. Choose a treadmill that should have enough breathing space for a brisk run while not eating too much space. The treadmill deck can also have a suspension system that can lessen the strain on your joints. You can also increase the incline so you can strengthen your knees.
- The Treadmill Belt is basically what keeps you moving and alongside the deck you can have a strain free work out on your joints. One thing you should remember is that aside from it being comfortable to wear, the belt has to be perfectly aligned to the deck. Misalignment of this feature can lead to injury.
- Most importantly, before making any purchase, make sure that the store offering the treadmill you’d like to purchase offers warranty as well. The warranty should not only cover maintenance service and replacement of a part of the product but also of replacement of the whole product in case of damage. The store should also offer delivery and installation of the machine.
All these specifications and more can be seen on commercial treadmills sold by Fitness Expo Stores. Visit one of our following locations: Metairie – (504) 887-0880 Baton Rouge – (225) 928-5751 Kenner – (504) 466-3966 Shreveport – (318) 861-1107 Jackson, MS – (601) 956-5681 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Call toll free: 1-800-323-1831