How to Be a Fit Mommy: Five Workout Tips for New Moms
This entry was posted on July 16, 2020.
Motherhood is the hardest job on Earth. Being a mom is like having multiple full-time jobs; you have to juggle your career, house chores, and mommy duties altogether. And having all of these on your plate can be too overwhelming, especially for new moms.
But that shouldn’t be the case. Taking care of yourself is as important as taking care of your baby. A great way of doing this is taking care of your health through fitness and knowing how to be a fit mommy. And we’re here to help you with some workout tips for new moms.
Why Be a Fit Mommy?
Is it possible to drop your baby weight in a few months to a year? It can be challenging, but it is possible. Returning to your pre-baby body could hit a few bumps here, but you don’t have to despair. Working out smarter will help you.
Being a fit mommy is pretty significant for most new moms because it can be a great reflection of excellent health. Maintaining great health is the boost a unique mom needs to juggle all the tasks and responsibilities at hand.
More importantly, being a fit mommy would benefit not just you but also your child. If mommy is healthy and fit, the baby can be a shield from sickness.
What are the Advantages of Being a Fit Mommy?
Your road to fitness as a mom is not just an abstract concept perpetuated by fitness gurus and influencers. There are advantages you can get in being fit.
- Better physical health. One of the most apparent advantages of being a fit mommy is having better physical health. Exercising will give new moms an improved core strength that will be very handy in juggling all tasks and activities.
- Improved mental state. Studies have shown that working out has a positive impact on one’s mental health. Doing a continuous workout routine for moms can help alleviate stress, anxiety, mood swings, and even postpartum depression.
- More excellent bonding with Baby and Husband. Who says you have to do it alone? Doing exercises with your child and husband will be the best option you can have to reach your fitness goal. More importantly, it can be a great bonding experience for the whole family.
- Confidence Booster. A few studies suggest that some moms experience low self-esteem, mood swings, and depression after childbirth due to hormonal changes. With improved mental and physical health, high confidence comes along.
5 Workout Tips for New Moms
These workout tips for new moms can also be for busy moms who want to adjust by working out.
- Exercise with your family. The best tip that moms who want to exercise has a support system. Your child and your husband can be an excellent motivation for you to finish your set. For new moms, taking a stroll with your child by pushing a stroller can be a great cardio exercise. But of course, this would not be enough. It would be best if you still had that workout routine.
- Invest in your fitness. Investing in your eligibility will be worth it as you reach your ‘body goal.’ Investing doesn’t mean you have to buy a lot of fitness equipment. You can start buying equipment such as jump rope, dumbbells, yoga mats, and a treadmill. Now that we are facing a COVID-19 pandemic, some fitness gyms are closed; having some essential fitness equipment at home would be great.
- Develop a routine. Having a workout routine by developing set repetitions will help you stay on track and not lose momentum in becoming a fit mommy. This routine should be dynamic as you progress in different stages of motherhood or as your baby grows older.
- Manage your time and work out smartly. Time management is vital because being a mom is very challenging. A 30-minute workout daily is already great if you have a lot of other activities to do, such as taking care of the baby, doing your job, among many others. But don’t forget to workout smart! Having a specific and measurable fitness goal would help you with this.
- Join online groups. Sharing experiences with other moms who want to be a fit mommy would give you more tips. Their expertise can inform you of the things you can do or the things you should avoid.
Don’t forget to add a diet regimen as you exercise your way to becoming a fit mommy!