What Stores Sell Exercise Equipment
This entry was posted on February 23, 2019.
Looking for fitness exercise equipment in Jackson, MS? Then you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re looking to establish a home gym or expand your commercial facility’s offerings, finding the “right” place to purchase exercise equipment in Jackson, MS can be a challenge.
This guide will explore the various options available to you when shopping for all exercise equipment items, from treadmills to home gyms, we’ve got you covered.
Online Exercise Equipment Stores
While convenient, these stores may or may not be a good option for workout equipment.
• Can shop from the comfort of your home
• Lots of stores to choose from
• Prices spanning budget to luxury
• No ability to actually see, feel, and test equipment
• Sometimes lacking in customer service
• Shipping costs can eat into your budget
• Minimal assistance when setting up purchased items
Exercise Equipment in Jackson, MS – your local option
Local fitness stores can be a great place to shop for fitness equipment, allowing you the opportunity to see, feel, and test products first hand. They are also staffed with fitness professionals that can help you make the best decision and answer any questions you may have then and there without having to wait.
• Local support
• Professional help choosing the right items
• You can get hands-on with items, testing them before buying
• Save on delivery costs by buying local
• Additional assistance with setting up your purchase
• Selection of brands varies
• Selection of models and equipment type varies
Big Box Stores
Most big box stores, while not specializing in fitness, generally have a small department that includes some type of exercise products.
• Convenient (the same store you may purchase other items from)
• Usually both local and online options
• Generally cheaper
• Limited selection
• Limited support
Exercise Equipment Retailers
Retailers, whether on or offline, generally sell their merchandise from a particular point of sale such as within a mall, as part of a department store, or website.
Retailers are designed to meet the needs of the end consumer, such as an individual searching for exercise equipment for their own personal use at home. These sellers offer individual units at “retail pricing” and act as a middle man between you and a wholesaler or the manufacturer (more on that later).
• Often carry multiple brands
• Usually a good selection of makes and models
• Typically have decent return policies and customer service
• Convenient and accessible
• Higher prices as compared to wholesale
• They don’t always carry the brands, makes and models you need
• No room for negotiation
Exercise Equipment Wholesalers
Wholesalers of exercise equipment generally serve the need of fitness professionals, gyms, studios, and other commercial facilities that need commercial-grade equipment and/or larger quantities.
• Large selection
• Good warranties and guarantees often available
• Service and maintenance add-ons sometimes available
• Lower prices as compared to retail
• Sometimes have minimum purchase requirements
• May only sell to other businesses (i.e. not suitable for individuals)
• May be limited to specific product lines
Direct for the Manufacturer
Some manufacturers make their products available direct for purchase from their local showrooms or websites, while others have agreements that prohibit them from selling direct, and instead, refer you to their “partners” for purchase either online or in store.
• Possibility to “pre-order” new makes and models
• Extended warranties sometimes available
• Refurbished items sometimes available
• Limited to one brand
• Some manufacturers will only sell to other businesses or in volume
• Higher price points
Specialty / Boutique Exercise Equipment Stores
Specialty or boutique exercise equipment stores are those stores that typically specialize in offering a very specific or niche type of fitness equipment. For example, CrossFit, rock climbing, martial arts, powerlifting, and others.
• Equipment tailored to exactly what you need
• Experienced store employees that know your unique requirements
• Less varied selection of equipment
• Generally higher prices
• Fewer store options both online and off
No matter what you’re shopping for, all exercise equipment is worth the effort of researching and finding the right place to buy from. Upgrading your fitness exercise equipment can be both an exciting and daunting task, one that Fitness Expo Stores hopes they can help with.
You can check out some of our best products such as the Inspire Fitness CB1 Air Bike or the Torque Dual Adjustable Pulley.
If you’re in Jackson, MS and need help finding the best workout equipment at prices that won’t hurt your wallet, give us a call or stop by today.