The Perfect Treadmill for Home Shopping Guide
This entry was posted on June 4, 2021.
There’s no beating the convenience of a treadmill when you want to get the enormous health benefits of regular walking, jogging, or running in the comforts of your home.
This home treadmill shopping guide will help you make a wiser decision as you invest in this fitness equipment.
Here are things you would have to consider before you plunge into home treadmill shopping:
How Do I Choose the Best Treadmill For My Home?
It is recommended that before you purchase a home treadmill, you do a little homework first.
To help you with this challenge here are pro tips to make you take the first steps to choose the best treadmill for your home:
1. Consider the Power source
Most modern treadmills have a motor, but some are manual. Check out the difference between the two:
- Manual Treadmills require more effort from runners because it’s up to you to power the belt. They are more cost-effective because they do not require electricity but they have fewer features.
- Motorized Treadmills have motors powered electrically with continuous horsepower and include more features, making them more suitable for longer training sessions. However, they are more expensive.
2. Running Surface
A key component of a treadmill is the running surface that has a few different elements you should be looking for when you go shopping for your home treadmill such as:
- Running surface length
- Running surface width
- Belt thickness
3. Technology and Features
Some advanced technology features of home treadmills that make workouts more convenient while adding a little more luxury include:
- App and Wireless compatibility
- Preloaded workouts
Budget plays a big role when you shop for a treadmill for your home.
Simplify your experience with these tips so you can get the treadmill that will help you meet your fitness needs and budget:
- The higher the continuous horsepower (CHP), the more expensive the treadmill will be.
- The bigger the belt or deck size, the bigger the price tag.
- Treadmills with larger displays where you can see information at once will have a higher cost
- The higher the weight capacity of a treadmill, the more expensive it will be.
- If you opt for a longer and more encompassing warranty or guaranteed coverage, you will have to pay more.
What is the Best Treadmill for Home Use?
Home treadmill shopping is best accomplished when you are able to research through the best treadmills for sale in the market so that you will purchase the best treadmill for home use.
Consider these tips for choosing the best treadmill as you do home treadmill shopping online or in physical fitness stores in your area:
- The best treadmill will really depend on your available space, budget, how frequently you are planning on using it, and how seriously you take your training.
- You can choose treadmills that offer a wide incline range to experience a more replicate feeling of running outside or on surfaces and terrain with greater elevation. This feature can provide greatly varied running sessions especially if you are preparing to run on more challenging elevated routes.
- If you prefer moving while working, you can choose specific treadmill desks or under-desk treadmills.
The Best Brands for Home Treadmills
Whatever your budget and fitness goal, we have the best treadmill brands for home use listed below:
- Horizon Treadmill Series: Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill, Horizon 7.4 AT Treadmill, Horizon 7.8 AT Treadmill
- Precor Series: Precor Assault AirRunner, Precor TRM 425 Precision Series, Precor TRM835
- Life Fitness Series: Life Fitness platinum club series, Life Fitness T5 treadmill, Life Fitness F3 Folding Treadmill
Is it Worth Buying a Treadmill For Your Home?
Yes, it is worth investing in a home treadmill.
Exercising outdoors can be challenging and even dangerous in bad weather and you won’t have inconvenience and time stopping you from doing your workouts.
Follow the tips on home treadmill shopping to make the most of your investment as you begin your first steps on a treadmill in achieving your fitness goals.
More from Fitness Expo
Fitness Expo caters to all your exercise needs from treadmills to fitness accessories.
First opened in 1980 by the Rice family, the store continues to offer the top brands and largest selection of exercise equipment for the home or commercial facility making it one of the oldest and most reputable fitness retailers in the country.
We have showrooms across Louisiana and Mississippi, but you can also shop on our website from the comfort of your own home.